From stress to exhaustion & recovery

I can't believe it's TWO weeks since I posted but on reflection, it's not surprising. The last weeks in December were absolutely hectic culminating in my 18 hour day on Tuesday, 23rd - this was a shocker for me when I actually added up my hours. I did manage to do a little bit of office work on 24th, but really I was present physically & on a mental shut down. We were supposed to be more than 4 for Christmas dinner, but that didn't pan out, so we spent most of the day from 8am church service catching up with each other and relaxing most of all. Yes, we enjoyed turkey and our own smoked ham, but we'd sold out of spiced beef & I didn't have time to make either a Christmas pudding or a cake so we did without. In fact as I hadn't been shopping, there was no cream in the house either & we were down to 3 onions!
Early to bed on Christmas night and I actually didn't get up again until nearly noon St. Stephen's Day. The last time I was in bed that long, I was sick!
Since then, we haven't really slowed down and my accounts drawer is crammed full, so that has to be tackled in the next few days. On New Year's Eve, we finished the year with a full day as we were making pudding and as soon as it could be released, I was on my way to the Carlton Hotel, Kinsale, with a delivery. We had run out!
Today, I took time out for me and spent a very short time with Alison R. & Elke O'M in the Crawford Gallery Café. The staff there couldn't believe I was really sitting down for a coffee as it's never happened before. I left the ladies and the table in so much better form, it was well worth it.
On Monday last, a good friend was married & I made a few bits and pieces for the guests so my next project is to update the Rosscarbery Recipes blog, and to enjoy the Simon Ladies' Lunch tomorrow in Inchydoney Lodge Hotel. I'm going for the first time ever and so looking forward to it. For tickets: www.facebook.com/pages/Options-Boutique-Clonakilty/478227092190172
I promise it won't be two weeks before I write again.
Avril

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up

Life is too short to waste on useless negativity

The Annual Burns Supper this time next week.