Inspection, Chat and the School Launch


It's been one of those days & now my poor brain is buzzing. This morning we had our monthly FSAI audit, which is done through the County Council Veterinary Dept. Everything went well & these days it is as much a conversation as it is a regulatory inspection. If I have queries or issues, I can discuss them; and our vet is willing to advise us. I for one am delighted with this very proactive approach to our food business, and indeed very relieved also that there is a listening expert ear for that occasion when something goes wrong. In food business, you can never be too careful or complacent.
Then I headed to Brosnan's in Schull who were celebrating their lovely revamp with a host of local producers. I often say that small producers don't often get a chance to shoot the breeze as we try to do a range of functions to progress our business.
I literally parked my van at the front door, changed from jeans to a dress and left again this time for the launch of the Rosscarbery Autumn School and to help welcome our 30+ German visitors from Franconia - note this is not Bavaria! The Celtic Ross Hotel served a range of local West Cork products including Gubbeen, Ummera, Union Hall Smoked Fish, Dubliner, and I cooked some of our black and white pudding. I think that those who had never heard of us will never forget it as one of our speakers mentioned another black pudding in the course of a speech, but I really appreciated the community response. It was funny and can happen so easily. Now to bed as I'm back in the hotel early in the morning for the first session which begins at 10am, but registration is at 9am.

Until tomorrow & I'm excited.
Avril

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ground rules

Life is too short to waste on useless negativity

A Mindful Space