No time for 'Monday Blues'

Do you remember The Boomtown Rats & Bob Geldof & that iconic song 'I don't like Mondays'. The story behind the song is well known & unfortunately not a unique once in a century tale of a young person turning on his peers & using a gun to make the point. However the phrase has infiltrated my mind and has become one of those meditation phrases. The conclusion I've come to is that I haven't time to hate Monday's or indeed any other day. Life is too short for regrets & I try to live my life to the full. Needless to say I'm always trying to do too much, but it just means that there's a carry over in case tomorrow's diary isn't full enough!
Was in  Glenilen today, where it was busy as usual with the additional pressure of staff & stock getting set up at the National Ploughing Championships. The work that involves thousands of people in the lead up and indeed in the execution of this 3 day annual event is immense; and is never appreciated as it should be. Don't forget that many of those directing traffic - vehicular, human & animal are doing it in a totally voluntary capacity. In my opinion it's one of the event's strengths. There will be people meeting at crossroads and in on-site restaurant queues who meet annually at the Ploughing and have done so for years. Time in inevitably spent in reminiscing and comparing then to now and that's not a bad thing either. Wish I was there...
Until tomorrow


Avril


 


Caherbeg Free Range Pork Ltd. & Rosscarbery Recipes






Facebook: Caherbeg Free Range Pork & Rosscarbery Recipes


Twitter: @rosscarberyreci



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ground rules

Life is too short to waste on useless negativity

A Mindful Space